Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Chicken Shrimp Coconut Curry


Sometimes you have a bunch of ingredients laying around, and have no idea what you can make with them. I had some potatoes, carrots and onions laying around that needed to be used up quickly. (I didn't feel like making gnocchi again!) I found a can of coconut milk in my pantry and the idea of curry started forming.



Ingredients
  • 1, 13.5 oz can coconut milk
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 chicken bullion cube
  • some chopped baby carrots, chopped
  • 2 russet potatoes (pealed and chopped)
  • 1/3 sweet onion, diced
  • 1 chicken breaste, cubed
  • 8 shrimp
  • +3 Tblsp brown sugar
  • 20oz can of pineapple (drained)
  • 8 tsp curry powder.

Instructions
  • Combine milk, water and spices with potatos, carrots and bring to a summer. Cook for 5-10 minutes until the veggies soften. (covered)

  • Add onions, chicken, shrimp and pineapple chunks and simmer covered, stirring occasionally until the meats are cooked
  • remove from heat, serve over rice.
    Align Left

Initially when I tasted the curry, I felt there was something missing. There was something different from what I've had in similar curries at restaurants . I finally realized... SUGAR! The little bit of brown sugar listed in the ingredients brought this curry from ordinary to extraordinary!

No comments:

Post a Comment