Friday, November 11, 2011

Tequila lime shrimp

I used to love to buy margaritaville's tequila lime shrimp, but it has been so expensive that it is worth trying to find a recipe I like myself. I found a recipe that I could modify to my purposes.

My Tequila Lime Shrimp Pasta Recipe

  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 8 Tblsp tequila
  • 6 Tblsp Lime juice
  • 3 tsp minced garlic
  • Frozen, pealed shrimp
  • Cayanne pepper to taste
  • 1 box pasta
  • 1 cup frozen peas


Instructions
  • Boil some lightly salted water (for the pasta.) Drop the pasta and cook according to the manufacturer's directions.
  • Saute the garlic in the butter for 1-2 min, then add the tequila and lime juice.
  • Once the sauce is simmering, add the frozen shrimp until they are cooked through (completely pink and curled up.) If the sauce isn't thick enough, then remove the shrimp and keep reducing the sauce.

  • Drain Pasta (don't rinse) and combine with frozen peas, stirring thoroughly.

  • Pour sauce and shrimp over the pasta and mix.

  • Enjoy your yummy pasta dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment