Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Classic Apple Dishes

Today I am going to tell you about the two apple dishes I make the most frequently: Apple Pancakes and Applesauce.

Growing up, my dad would make us apple pancakes on Sunday mornings. This is something that I have always loved, and therefore made, but more people are not used to considering apple pancakes. Next time you're cooking breakfast, chop up some apples and add it to your pancake batter. I promise you'll be pleasantly surprised!


Apple Pancakes

I love homemade applesauce more than I can explain. This is where all of the remaining apples from our apple picking ended up! I was hoping to get pink apple sauce, so I stewed all of the apples with their skins still on (and then fished the skins out after the sauce was done.) The pluses: no pealing apples, the minuses: fishing out the skins. I'm hoping to get a potato ricer soon to help make this process easier!


Fresh, homemade applesauce.


So we are now at the end of the fall 2010 apple picking adventure. I cannot wait until this fall so I can find more apple dishes to share with you!

1 comment: