Sunday, September 25, 2011

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe



In part of my quest to use up my pantry ingredients, I am trying to avoid buying cereal for breakfast. I decided to turn some plain oatmeal into cookies. I started off with a "Oatmeal Raisin Cookies I" recipe (of which there are many), but decided to tweak the recipe slightly.



Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Ingredients

  • 3/4 cup Crisco
  • 1/3 Cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Cooking
  • 2.5 cups Shaws brand Quick Oats
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup raisins

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
  2. Cream together Crisco, sugars until smooth, then add eggs and vanilla.
  3. Mix together the dry ingredients in a bowl (flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda) and slowly mix into the wet mixture.
  4. Stir in oats and raisins.
  5. Drop large spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes* or until browned. (*Because the cookies are so thick)
Makes 18 large cookies.


The cookies didn't flatten that much. Maybe next time I make them I'll press the cookies to get a flatter, disk-like shape.


They’re thick and warm and delicious. Maybe I needed a bit more liquid because they didn't seem to be spreading out too much and stayed very thick. That being said, they made great breakfast bars!


We ate a few as they came out of the oven, so I couldn't get a picture of them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment