Monday, June 13, 2011

My Birthday Cocktail Parties

I love to host cocktail parties on my birthday. I find it only fitting to celebrate my half birthday by sharing pictures of highlights from past parties.


For the longest time, the only cookie cutters I owned were heart shaped. This meant that I created a lot of Valentine's Day cookies for every occasion!


The only layer cake pans I owned were also Heat Shape. Keith is the king of making layer cakes.


Can you have a fancy cocktail party without chocolate covered strawberries?



I made
chocolate covered peanut butter eyeballs last Halloween
and they were a hit. I made simple chocolate covered for the holiday party.


Sometimes store bought cookies (in this case macaroons) make it into the mix.



Peanut butter kisses, banana bread, mocha chocolate crinkle cookies and my grandmother's famous pinwheel cookies.



After I covered all of the strawberries, I used the remaining chocolate to cover some pretzels.



I've shown you the sweet, here is some savory.



I'm going to end with something that wasn't part of the cocktail party, exactly. Keith made me a chocolate souffle for my birthday while I prepped for the party!

1 comment: