Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spooky Halloween Eyeballs



This is a recipe that I was able to cut in half. The chocolate peanut butter balls ("Spooky Halloween Eyeballs") were such a hit, that I made these (without looking like eyeballs) for my Christmas party, too.

I didn't have any smooth peanut butter, but I did have a lot of chunky!I crushed the peanuts it in the food processor, and used this rather than a hand mixer to do all of the mixing for the recipe. I ended up with a smooth and creamy filling that tasted like the inside of a Reese's peanut butter cup.

I had some difficulty covering these eyeballs in white chocolate. As you can see from the picture below, The resulting eyeballs did not end up nice and round, even though the peanut butter balls that I dipped into the chocolate where spherical.

I mixed a little bit of blue food coloring in the remaining white chocolate to make the irises. The pupils were tiny chocolate chips. Since I had run out of white chocolate, I covered the remaining peanut butter mixture in semi-sweet chocolate, adding two "irises" to function as eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment