Monday, April 18, 2011

Black Cat Cookies



So I really enjoyed making the popcorn balls (which will be discussed in the next post) and they were delicious, but they got stale really quickly. These chocolate cat cookies are FANTASTIC. I did not use sticks as the recipe called for, which is probably why I ended up with 24 cookies rather than the 12 the recipe predicts.

The tip to dip the bottom of the glass you're using to flatten the cookies in sugar first is a good one. This prevented a lot of sticking and the sprinkling of sugar on top gave a really pretty visual effect. I "carefully" matched the candy corns for each eye (just to make sure that the colors matched on each cookie.) This is a recipe that I will absolutely do again, and I will try to find an excuse to use them for other holidays.



This is a great example of how you can make fun shapes without the use of Halloween cookie cutters. (Of course, with cookie cutters then you'll be able to make more shapes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment