Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pumpkin Fudge



Spending summers on Mackinac Island, I have watched a lot of fudge get made, but I've never tried to do it myself. I figured, why not try making pumpkin fudge for a fall party?


Pumpkin Fudge Ingredients

Less than 1 can of milk and pumpkin were used in this recipe, so it would be really easy (and not that much more expensive) to make a double batch. This time, I decided to only make a single batch of the fudge.

I was surprised how easy this was to make. The instructions with this recipe are excellent. The only issue was that the fudge set REALLY fast, so you might want to stir in the chocolate chips while the mixture is still on the stove.


9x9 pans lined in foil to set the fudge.

I had some small Fall cookie cutters that I thought would be perfect for cutting this fudge. Because the cookie cutters were not that deep, I poured the fudge into two 9x9 pans rather than the one the recipe called for. If you are going to cut the fudge into squares, then I would only use one pan.


There was a lot of fudge left over after I finished cutting out the decorations! It was fun to snack on.

I served this fudge at a Halloween party, but it would also work very well for Thanksgiving or any fall event.

No comments:

Post a Comment