Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Halloween Popcorn Pumpkins



Halloween Popcorn Pumpkins
are another great Halloween treat that don't require any baking to finish. (There is some cooking involved with melting the marshmallows, but that is cooking, not baking!)

I found that 3T of unpopped popcorn was enough to create the 5 cups of popcorn requited for the recipe. I burned the first batch of popcorn, but otherwise I found this project to be really simple. To create the orange color, I added 7 drops red food coloring and 13 drops yellow food coloring. I used chocolate twizzlers as the brown stems.

These popcorn balls are absolutely addictive. They are a real mixture of sweet and salty, and I wish that I had made more than one batch!


The pumpkins that we have at our Halloween party. The non-edible pumpkins include a 3-D paper pumpkin and some knit Jack-o-Lanterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment