Sunday, July 24, 2011

Easy, Simple Cornbread



The problem with making Challah is that there is egg wasted in the wash to make the crust all shiny. There is most of an egg that remains after this wash has been applied. This time, I decided to do something with that egg (and tiny bit of water in with it)... Corn Bread!


The dry ingredients and the egg whites leftover from the challah.


I love corn bread. It has always been one of my favorite treats, and a big weak spot. Instead of trying bread mixes in the box, I decided it would be worth trying some recipes that use plain corn meal. The first recipe I decided to attempt comes from the side of the box.


It took me less than 3 minutes to assemble the ingredients and mix the batter. The only waiting came from the fact that my oven was in use baking the challah. As soon as the challah was done, I sprayed the bread pan, poured in the corn batter and happily awaited my first "from scratch" cornbread.

No comments:

Post a Comment