There are one differences between lasagna and matzagna: Noodles vs Matzah.
I observe Passover, but Keith doesn't... at least not intentionally. If I'm the one cooking, then I'm making kosher for Passover food, so he hasn't had much choice. Until now. This year, I decided to create a lasagna for him to get through these 8 days without leavened bread, and Matzagna for me. Side by side, same recipe, just different starch.
Ingredients for Simple, Easy Lasagna AND Matzagna. If you're only going to make one, then you can half the cheese and sauce!
- Lasagna: no cook noodles (one box)
- Matzagna: ## Pieces of Matzah
- part skim ricotta cheese 15 oz
- part skim mozzarella - 24 oz
- 1 standard sized jar of tomato sauce (42 oz)
- (repeat noodles/matzah through sauce until top layer)
- On top, place noodles (or Matzah), sauce and then mozzarella.
- Mix a little bit of water into the extra sauce jar and pour around the edges
Can you tell the difference?
And the verdict? Keith likes the lasagna better, but says that the Matzana is only a hair behind!
Building the layers: Side by side