Monday, August 22, 2011

Waffles with Rhubarb Sauce

Now, I'm perfectly content to just eat strawberry rhubarb sauce plain, but it makes a great topping for waffles and pancakes. I am a fan of bisquick, as it makes so many breakfast tasks almost brainless.


Preparing for breakfast!


The waffle iron we have makes small crevices, which isn't ideal for a lot of toppings. However, the resulting crispy waffles are delicious. The problem is that the iron doesn't have a built in timer. It will beep when it is up to temperature, but you have to set an additional timer to know when the waffles are done. I used setting #4 for 3 minutes with the bisquick batter.



When I make pancakes, I have a bad habit of eating some while I'm cooking (so then I end up not sitting down to breakfast!) Since there are fewer waffles, it was hard for me to not start nibbling on them before I had put on the rhubarb sauce!



Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment