Monday, August 29, 2011

Chicken Dinner

I love the Culinary Circle brand of sauces. Each of them has a lot of depth of flavor, and they are very affordable. They can all work in many different situations, but each of the sauces I've functions as a fantastic chicken marinade.


Chicken breasts marinated in Roasted Garlic Peppercorn sauce.


This was such a simple dinner to create. I am getting more and more comfortable using the oven to prepare meat courses rather than doing everything on the stovetop. I will roast a whole bird (chicken or turkey) before the end of this year!


Yes, I decided to bake my (unbraided) challah at the same time as the chicken.

I am a bigger fan of couscous than Keith, but I think it makes a nice side to backed chicken. I cook it with some chicken broth to help give it a little more flavor.


Besides the flavor, I love how fast couscous cooks up!


I am very pleased when I am able to put together a whole dinner with all of the appropriate food groups. It can be exhausting to be the primary one in charge of our meals, but I would not have it any other way. (Keith is a great cook, he just has a lot less time than I do!)


No comments:

Post a Comment