Sunday, May 15, 2011

Easy Lasagna

At our New Years trip, I was exhausted so I decided to prepare simple, fast and easy lasagna for our friends (there were 20 of us staying in a cabin.) Normally I would make the sauce myself, add some other veggies to the layers, but this time I used just cheese, store bought tomato sauce, no cook noodles... and it came out AMAZING! This is now such a fast and easy dish to create that Lasagna is no longer a big ordeal.


Plus, making a lasagna for two people means that you have plenty of leftovers!


Ingredients for Simple, Easy Lasagna (amounts will vary depending on your pan size. Unfortunately I did not keep track of the volumes that I used...)
  • no cook noodles (one box)
  • whole milk ricotta cheese
  • part skim mozzarella
  • 1 standard sized jar of tomato sauce
Creating the Layers (in a 9x13 pan)
  • sauce
  • noodles
  • ricotta+mozzsarella
  • sauce
  • (repeat noodles through sauce until top layer) noodles - sauce - mozzarella.


I cooked the lasagna at 350 degrees F until the sauce was bubbling around the edges (30-50 minutes depending on your pan size.)

This lasagna was so delicious. I cannot wait to make it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment