Thursday, May 5, 2011

Fried Onion Baked Chicken




I'm not great at baking meats, but it is something that I want to put more effort into. I'm just not good at planning out the timing of it all.

I wrapped two sweet potatoes in foil and stuck them in the oven, too. I figured it was worth a shot to see if the timing works out well. I'll cut to the end and say that the timing did not work well, and that we ate the potato the next day.

Ingredients
  • half container of onion pieces
  • 1 egg
  • 2 chicken breasts


Recipe
  • Beat the egg (one medium sized egg)
  • Don't bother crushing onions
  • dip chicken breast into eggs then roll in onion pieces (put remaining on in baking pan.) place ocvered breasts on pre-sprayed pan
  • preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • start timer at 30 min!!! 30-45 min (or until cooked)

The onion pieces didn't stick to the chicken super well, so I sprinkled some on top before I placed the chicken in the oven.

This chicken was so moist and had a nice crunchy crust. Too bad the fried onion pieces aren't very healthy, otherwise I'd start making this all the time! I hope you enjoy the French Onion Baked Chicken as much as Keith and I did.


Yum!


I served the chicken with some salad dressed with sugar free Balsamic dressing. It's a bit sweet for my taste, but I love the fact that it is low calorie!

No comments:

Post a Comment